Petai, it’s either you hate it or you love it.. There is no in between. The taste is nutty and creamy to petai lovers. It’s often cooked in a spicy sambal sauce with succulent prawns and eaten alongside a bowl of hot rice.
This might be the easiest way to cook Sambal Petai Prawns. All you need is petai, fresh prawns, WAY Sambal Sauce along with a few other ingredients. Happy Cooking!
Serves: 2 (can use vector to represent, like two human)
Total Time: 15 minutes (can use vector to represent, like cooking pot, or cutting board)
Course: Main Course
- WAY Sambal Sauce
- 400g prawns
- Pinch of salt/ Dashi Powder (optional)
- 200g petai
- ½ sliced big onion
- ½ lime
- Add WAY Sambal Sauce into the pan
- Add sliced onion and saute together with the sauce.
- Add petai and prawns one after another. Continue stirring until the prawns are thoroughly cooked.
- Add a pinch of salt/Dashi powder(optional)
- Squeeze ½ a lime into the mixture.
- Mix well & cook all the ingredients for 5 more minutes
- Your Sambal Petai Prawns are ready. Enjoy!